Dad says there are three peas in a pod -
and you are the third right behind me and your noni.
I love sharing the pea pod with you!
You are sweet and loving, protective, wise and genuine.
Your sisters and brother love you and think you are the smartest girl in the
whole world.
I'm excited for SEVEN - I can see a little lady forming and I love what I see!
whole world.
I'm excited for SEVEN - I can see a little lady forming and I love what I see!
Here's seven little memories that come to mind as I think of YOU:
1. You were at the park with Grandpa Cervenka when you were about two and a half and you were asking a little boy in a spider man costume, if spider man flies. The boy said "what are you stupid". Grandpa Cervenka was ready to give the boy a knuckle sandwich until he realized you had no idea what stupid meant and that you were content as could be and just kept on asking spider man trivia to this young "hero".
2. Since you could sit you would arrange all of your "little people" toys facing the same direction. You would hand me cards but if they were not the same direction you would put them the right way. Sorry about this... I think you got the "insane detail" gene from both mom and dad - double dose. Uh oh!
3. You made a big mess in mom and dad's room, you were four years old. I came in and said "wow, this looks like a party in here, but you'll need to clean it up". You said, "no mom, this is no party, this is an event and as you know events take a long time to clean up!".
4. You woke up every morning from the time you could talk and stood up in your crib and hollered "bise bispies". So out of bed we would take you to get your bowl of rice krispies. To this day before both your eyes open you are ready for breakfast.
5. You indeed were meant to be the first born, time after time you have protected your siblings. From shouting at the top of your lungs "choking hazards everywhere" when Kirra was a baby to saving Reef from a million death defying stunts. And watch out when someone says something mean about one of your siblings, you've definitely held nothing back.
6. Prior to having children, I could imagine all of the adorable outfits my little girls would be wearing. Perfectly matching, each hair in place... uhh, until I gained a true love for your individual style. How could I possibly tell my adorable Mekena to change her clothes when she walked down the hall sporting an outfit above and beyond anything I could imagine...
7. All of your wonderful illustrated stories, what keepsakes they have become. You are an incredible writer and have amazed us with your creativity. I can't wait to share them with you over and over again as you get older.



oh this made me teary eyed!!! i love this and all of the memories! i love that i was there to share so many of them and watch kena grow into a beautiful little lady. i can't believe she's seven! (funny that i wrote about the choking hazards on my blog too... and do you think her crazy outfits, or should i say eclectic style, has anything to do with her "playing dress up" with me when she was just a few months old?! haha)
ReplyDeleteWow how fast time has gone!! She is growing up to be such an amazing girl, from day 1 to now she has always showed us how genius she is and will be! The fact that she knows just what to say so she won't get in trouble, "its an event, not a party, and events take a long time to clean up" ha what are you suppose to say to that?? "The holy ghost told me to do it" another great example!! She is amazing, talented, smart, and a great big sister!! Love you little kena!!
ReplyDelete