Monday, May 20, 2013

It's OK

Or atleast that's what I tell myself when I look around and see mess after mess after mess.  I never thought I'd live in a house where anything was out of place or stayed messy longer than the moments it took to clean up shortly after the mess was made.  {But I don't think I thought about having 4 children in 6.5 years within these same thoughts either.}

Dirty dishes past the meal they were dirtied - never.  Laundry still in a basket days after the items were worn - never.  Floors not mopped atleast once a week - never.  Baseboards not freshly painted every few months (I have a thing for clean baseboards) - never. Couches not vacuumed weekly - never.  Never seems to be the new always during this season of my life.  As soon as I clean up one mess, there's another behind me - always!

I could quickly miss out on this "little people" stage if all I did was stayed up on the house chores, after all there's so much more fun to be had than cleaning up all day long.  Soon enough in this life of mine I'll clean up a mess and it will actually stay clean for a day or so.  Until then I'm all for the mess, the fun memories and the calm that comes from not worrying about it all.

Here's one of my favorite little inspirational messages from a wonderful woman, Marjorie Hinckley:

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.” 
― Marjorie Pay Hinckley



2 comments:

  1. Oh I got chills reading that quote! love love love

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all that is woman! You have your priorties excactly as they should be, and I must add you are an inspirational woman and mother, and I admire you, Tiff. You are so talented in so many things and could be doing anything you wanted, but your family is what you choose to put at the fore-front of your life- amazing! Because you and Rand are so awesome, your kids are some of the most wonderful little people around:)

    ReplyDelete