I was driving by a Chick-fil-a this past Wednesday and couldn't believe the traffic, I mean chick-fil-a is a busy place but this was like a restaurant opening where humans hadn't seen food in two years.
A friend on the phone explained to me that the founder of Chick-fil-a's son was asked about his opinion on marriage and expressed that he felt marriage is between a man and a woman. His simple opinion, nothing specific against anyone else's opinions. Just his opinion.
A big stir was made by people that don't share that same opinion and word went around that on Thursday chick-fil-a would be boycotted. Fine then, loyal fans of Chick-fil-a decided that Wednesday would be the day for chick-fil-a lovers to support their eatery and come out and show that love.
So there it was Wednesday, lines down the road, police helping control traffic... and me. I wasn't even hungry, but I I felt inspired to wait in the line too. I admire a business owner that is willing to share his opinion, knowing it's not the "popular" opinion, even if it means risking revenue {although this was not the case, instead the stores had record breaking sales!}. I'm a business owner and I don't remember trading in my opinion when I signed my business license.
Even though my "please make them crispy" fries were not crispy, it didn't matter. Because today it wasn't about the fries.
Monday, August 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment