Thursday, July 19, 2012

Time spent

I was reading a story today about the importance of spending time together and finding a good balance between an occupation and the family, I found this line of the story quite fascinating:

"I have never known of a man who looked back on his working life and said, “I just didn’t spend enough time with my job."

Many people have seen us with our troop of schnookums and mentioned that they wished they would have spent more time with their kids when they were younger.  Sad.  And how true it is that you never get the time when kids are small and dependent back; once the time has passed it's gone. 

I am so incredibly grateful that Rand has sacrificed an amazing career as a high profile chef where accolades would have come his direction every day, instead he chooses to be home with us, with me as a partner, and to be a daily influence on each of our children.  Mekena, Kirra, Reef and Kaia may not know now but they will know one day how truly fortunate they were to have a dad that's given them his best!! 

This time is so precious, so genuine - the rewards of seeing the day to day growth could never be matched by any employee of the year award, bonus, big salary or company appreciation dinner. 

Thank you Rand for being a true companion and lovin' the day to day of our crazy life side by side.

No comments:

Post a Comment